Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Update!

Grandparents Breakfast-
Our annual Grandparents breakfast is this Thursday between 6:45 and 8:00 a.m. Please remind your child's grandparents to join us for breakfast at our Cafe.

AR-
Now that school is in full swing, I've started pushing students to take more AR tests. We keep a log of all the books we want to take AR tests over in the back of the binders. Parents, please encourage your children to read, read, read, so that they can take AR tests while at school. If you would like to borrow books from my collection, just jot me a note in your child's planner. I'll share! Thanks for your encouragement and help with this!

Fluency Folders-
I've gotten lots of positive feedback from parents about the fluency folders, which is great! You are very aware of your child's individual needs. Please use this tool as often as you like beyond the required homework to help your child improve reading fluency. I can't stress enough how important it is for students to get a strong foundation in reading.

Snacks-
When I look at my class snack supply, I am truly overwhelmed by your generosity. I can't thank you enough for all your donations to our classroom. If you are financially able, please continue sending in snacks for our class, and we'll keep eating them! Thank you so, so much for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment