Friday, August 6, 2010

First Day Jitters


Our first day of school has been wonderful! We talked about how the first day of school can be both scary and exciting. I read a book to the class called Fist Day Jitters. In this book, Sarah, the main character, is doing everything she can to avoid going to her new school. She's nervous and scared that nobody will like her there. She comes up with every excuse why she shouldn't go to school. It turns out that Sarah ends up being the new teacher. Even teachers get nervous the first day of school, including me. Luckily, just a few minutes after seeing such sweet faces and getting lots of hugs from my new students, I was feeling right at home. Thank you for sharing your children with me. I've had a great first day, and I hope theirs was just as special.

No comments:

Post a Comment